Terms & Conditions
All items are sold as is, where is. Equipment is sold with a 30-day guarantee to be in working order, unless stated otherwise in its description. It is in the sole discretion of D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales whether to accept the return of an item. We have a seven (7) day return policy, which means you have seven (7) days after placing your order or receiving your items to request a return minus a 20% restocking fee and any shipping charges.
Items sent back to D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales without first requesting a return through our Customer Service Department will not be accepted.
Please contact our D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a return.
Defective Item Return:
Please inspect your order upon reception, should you see any damage to the packaging or the item, please REFUSE the item, note it on the BOL (Bill of Lading), write rejected/damaged, and send the unit back with the driver. We ask that you take pictures of all the damages, it helps us to file a claim and get you a quicker refund. Buyer must contact D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales within forty-eight (48) of refusing the delivery of the damaged item at email@example.com
If an item is defective, the buyer must contact D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales within forty-eight (48) hours of taking delivery of the item. Buyer will be issued a Return Authorization (“RA”) number, a call tag will be given, and the buyer must return the defective item to D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales within five (5) days of the issuance of the RA number. D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales will inspect the item upon its receipt, and it is in the sole discretion of D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales if the item shall be considered defective. If D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales deems the item to be defective, D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales will work to promptly exchange the item. If an exchange is not feasible for D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales, then D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales will credit the buyer’s account the amount paid for the item. If D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales deems an item to be nondefective, it is in the sole discretion of D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales to accept the return of the item, and restocking fees will apply.
Return Shipping Fees
All shipping fees are the buyer’s responsibility (To and From). These fees may be applied after the return has been completed. Customers are welcome to purchase their own shipping.
To start a return, contact D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we will provide instructions on how and where to send your package.
Excluding defective merchandise – All returned merchandise must be returned unused, and complete in shipped packaging with instructions and all accessories, in working order.
Items sent back to D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales or a Manufacturer without first requesting a return through our Customer Service Department will not be accepted.
Upon receipt and inspection of returned items, the buyer’s credit card will be credited for the amount paid for the item minus the applicable restocking fees plus all shipping charges.
You can always contact us before ordering an item for any return questions at email@example.com.
TERMS OF SHIPPING
How do I return an item?
- All return requests must be made within 7 days of delivery.
- To verify you are eligible to make a return, please contact Customer Service at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will explain your options and issue a Return Authorization (RA) number. Returns will not be processed without a valid RA number.
- Approved returns must be received in unused condition and be in original packaging. Customer is responsible for return shipping costs & a 15% restocking fee.
- Returns resulting from customer order error will be charged a minimum of 25% restocking fee and freight charges both ways.
- All fees will be deducted before a credit or refund is issued.
- Special order items cannot be returned.
Delia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales ships to the 48 contiguous states of the U.S., Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico & Canada. For shipment inquiries outside the U.S. 48 contiguous states, please contact our Customer Service at email@example.com.
We are dedicated to getting your order to you as fast as possible, our warehouse processes your orders ready to ship within 1-2 business days (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., EST), we do not ship orders over the weekends, for orders placed on weekends please add up to 2 additional days for delivery. Our warehouse is closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas, and shipping companies may observe additional holidays which may impact order delivery times. All standard ground delivery times and common carrier shipments are estimates and are not guaranteed. Common carrier deliveries range from 1 to 10 days for delivery, depending on your proximity to the shipping origin. UPS ground shipping can take anywhere from one to seven business days. All delivery times are estimates. You will receive a tracking number by email after your item has been shipped.
To be sure everything goes smoothly when it comes to installing your new equipment; please consult your local Electrician and/or Power Company. Equipment that requires a 3-phase power source may come without an electrical plug. This is done because there are many different styles of plugs. Please consult with your local electrician for proper installation.
Errors in Shipment
Great care is taken when packing your order, but on rare occasions errors may occur. If there is an error with any part of your shipment, please contact our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org within 2-business days of receiving your order so we can find a solution for you!
Methods & Charges
D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales ships small packages via UPS and palletized equipment through various common carrier freight companies based on the equipment type and shipping locations. Our website calculates a flat rate shipping charge based on your shipping address.All shipments are curbside delivery only. This means that the delivery driver will only drive the equipment to the property nearest the entrance.
Freight companies charge more for shipping to residential and limited access (restaurants) addresses versus a commercial address. You must click the box to add this service to your shipping charge. If you do not have a loading dock or forklift on site for your delivery you must add the liftgate service to your shipping charge.
If you have any questions about the shipping charges and calculations, contact our Customer Service at email@example.com
Freight (LTL) Shipments – Damaged/Missing Items
If any item or packaging is damaged or missing, or if you have any doubt about possible shipment damage, you MUST do the following:
- Note it clearly on the shipper’s Proof of Delivery (POD) receipt before signing it and have driver sign, as well.
- Keep your copy of the shipper’s Proof of Delivery (POD) receipt.
Contact us within 2-business days of receiving your shipment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep the damaged packing materials for inspection.
- Take pictures of the damaged items and packaging.
If you are receiving the shipment, it is essential to thoroughly inspect the shipment before signing off on the Proof of Delivery (POD) receipt. You must confirm that the shipment was intended for you, that the entirety of the shipment arrived, and that it was delivered undamaged. If you sign the Proof of Delivery (POD) receipt and find damage later, you will have difficulty proving that the damage occurred during transport. Our warehouse gives great attention to packaging every order for shipment. Unfortunately, damage occasionally occurs during transit, and we must go to the carrier company to receive reimbursement for these damages. By signing the Proof of Delivery receipt, you are taking responsibility and ownership for the shipment in the condition noted. If all or part of the shipment is damaged and you did not note this in any way on the Proof of Delivery (POD) receipt, D’Elia Auctions & Restaurant Equipment Sales CANNOT guarantee any compensation for damages.
Tips for Receiving and Inspecting Cargo
When your cargo arrives, do the following before signing a POD receipt:
- Record the whole procedure: Photograph and video evidence of the freight can make or break a liability battle over a damaged claim. Start collecting this information the moment the freight arrives on your lot during offloading.
- To further protect yourself, ask the shipper to photograph the goods before shipment.
- Examine cargo with the truck driver: Walk through this process with the driver so he or she is aware of any issues you note.
Thoroughly inspect the cargo: Examine each item for visible damage.
- Carefully review the packaging, the shrink wrapping, the pallets, and the warning tape. Look for issues such as tears, holes, stains, and other such damage. Check that packages have not been opened and resealed.
- Damaged freight: If you see visible damage, photograph it and make a detailed note of it on the POD. You should note minor wear and tear just to cover yourself. If there is serious damage to a package or pallet, point it out to the delivery driver. After that, with the driver as a witness, open the package up and see if the items within have damage too. If so, make further note of it on the POD.
- Obtain driver confirmation: After you have gone through the entire shipment and documented any issues, obtain the driver’s signature or initials next to your notes about the damaged items.
Take the cargo: Even if it has damage, do not send the driver away with the goods. Instead, make a note of the damages in the POD and accept the cargo.
- File a damage claim right away: Typically, you have 7 days to file a damage claim with the freight carrier. It is essential to file a damage claim as soon as possible and within the 7 days to recover any damage costs. Include information about the damaged items, the shipment number, the estimated cost of damage, and contact our Customer Service at email@example.com about the damage.
Small Package Shipments (UPS) – Damaged/Missing Items
Great care is taken when packing your order, but on rare occasions, damage may occur or an item may have been missed. If any part of your order is missing or damaged, contact our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 business days of receiving your order so we can find a solution for you!
- Loss: A claim for a missing package can be issued if it has not been received within 24 hours of the carrier’s expected delivery date and time or after 24 hours of the tracking information being updated to “delivered”. Before filing a claim, be sure you have checked all exterior doors and other locations where the package could be placed, including the porch, back patio, garage, and any area out of potential weather hazards. If you are still unable to locate the package, contact our Customer Service at email@example.com to initiate a claim.
- Damaged: Contact our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a claim.
- Missing Items: Contact our Customer Service at email@example.com to review your order.
Contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions concerning ordering or shipping an item.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or place an order.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
This policy was last modified on May 20, 2020.
D’Elia Auctions, LLC
42 Bingham Road, Canterbury, CT 06331